27 April 2021
The theme for Earth Day this year is ‘Restore our Earth’. We all hear reports on the challenges facing our planet, from Carbon, pollution and plastic to the vast issue of Climate Change.
Sigma recognises that we have a role and responsibility to help make small changes and adjustments for positive impact, so this year we have encouraged staff and Simple Life residents alike to implement some easy daily changes that could make a big difference to the environment.
The 7 Day Challenge:
- Meatless Monday – try out tasty meat-free alternatives and reduce your Carbon footprint
- Calculate your Carbon Footprint and make a change!
- Plan meals before you shop to reduce food waste (and save money!)
- Create a Habitat – leave weed corner or build a bug hotel
- Plant some herbs
- Prepare and share a ‘leftovers’ meal recipe
- Plod and Pick Litter – a walk with a double purpose
Finally, get outdoors – Simple be, sit, reflect, clear your mind and breathe!
Other daily challenges:
- Turn off the lights
- Take a shorter shower
- Leave the car!
- Buy locally
- Recycle clothing
- Plant a herb box
- Take bills online
- Swap a book
- Sow some seeds
- Target food waste
- Leave the weeds!
- Use reusable bags & bottles